1873 Learned House
The Historic Learned House represents a union between two prominent families in the Port Townsend of the latter part of the 19th century, the McCurdys and the Fowlers. The home was built by McCurdy in 1873 as a wedding gift to his youngest daughter Isabell and her husband Alphonso Fowler Learned.
The interiors of the home were restored, including the original fir flooring and plastered walls. The kitchen and bathrooms were gutted and re-imagined, to complement the historic features of the home. A small addition was added to the rear of the home which includes a mudroom entry, powder room & breakfast room.